المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : بعض الامثال الانجليزيه ومعانيها

راعي طريب
11-02-2006, 09:14 PM
I really don't know if somone of you had previously mentioned something about the English sayings or Proverbs
Anyway, let's start of with this good proverb and I will put it in an example and i'll add a usage note to make it clearer...

Example
what you did is your job no more no less....please stop "making a mountain out of a molehill

"make a mountain out of a molehill"

Usage Note:
make a mountain out of a molehill" this is basically what we are after.....you say this proverb when you see somebody exaggerate what he has done even though it is normal and does not need all of that fuss

ذيب قحطان
12-02-2006, 11:36 AM
شكراً اخوي الغالي ... راعي طريب .. مثل جيد ...

وهو معناه ان الواحد ما يضخم الأمور اكثر من معدلها الطبيعي ..

واللي صار صار ...

راعي طريب
12-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Now, let's go to the second statement which is about if you see somebody who is angry and ready to fight, then you can say :

I don't know why this guy has "a chip on his shoulder

chip on his shoulder

this is really famous and it shows how sophisticated your language is

see you tomorrow with another phrase

cheers....

أبوعبدالله
13-02-2006, 07:47 AM
I really don't know if somone of you had previously mentioned something about the English sayings or Proverbs
Anyway, let's start of with this good proverb and I will put it in an example and i'll add a usage note to make it clearer...

Example
what you did is your job no more no less....please stop "making a mountain out of a molehill

"make a mountain out of a molehill"

Usage Note:
make a mountain out of a molehill" this is basically what we are after.....you say this proverb when you see somebody exaggerate what he has done even though it is normal and does not need all of that fuss

ترجمته:
يصنع من الحبة قبة

أبوعبدالله
13-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Now, let's go to the second statement which is about if you see somebody who is angry and ready to fight, then you can say :

I don't know why this guy has "a chip on his shoulder

chip on his shoulder

this is really famous and it shows how sophisticated your language is

see you tomorrow with another phrase

cheers....

يعني قافلة معه.مطرطع

راعي طريب
13-02-2006, 06:33 PM
ذيب قحطان و الحادي... شكرا لترجمتكم الدقيقه... ومرحبا بتشريفكم للموضوع...

have you ever come across two people who have small take privately and they don't want anyone else to intrude on them....if yes, then we call them company and you can call yourself a crowd since you are not desired to be there

two is company, three is a crowd

يوم كنا اثنين كان فيه رفقه متافهمه ويوم صرنا ثلاثه صارت زحمه

يعني بالعامي وش ذي الزحمه ياخي سببتها يوم جيتنا

راعي طريب
15-02-2006, 11:32 PM
we are all in the same boat, you say this when you want to tell the other person that you are in the same situation that he is in.

please do not cry me a river, we are all in the same boat though i don't complain

أبو زيد
24-02-2006, 05:23 PM
thanks so much

احمد العليي
24-02-2006, 11:25 PM
thnks alot all the group